Children's Centre - Birth-5 years old
The Children’s Centre children learn through play, exploration and in relation with each other.
Preschool Enrolment Policy PDF 450kb
The Children’s Centre offers:
Preschool for 4 year olds – Monday – thursday 8.00am–3.30pm
- Children attend from 8.00am to 3.30pm 4 days per fortnight either on Monday and Tuesday OR Wednesday and Thursday. No Friday available.
- Please bring: 2 pieces of fruit and a healthy lunch each day plus a named, spare set of clothes
- The cost for preschool is $40 per term
Aboriginal 3 year old program
- Aboriginal children can begin preschool at the beginning of the term after they turn 3
Occasional Care for children from 6 months – 4 years
Monday 8.45am - 11.30am Over 2 and Under 2 years / 12.30pm - 3.15pm Over 2 years only
Tuesday and Thursday 8.45am - 11.30am Over 2 and
Under 2 years
- Occasional Care offers ‘now and then’ child care to enable parents/caregivers to participate in activities, fulfill work commitments, keep appointments, or have a break from their children on an occasional basis.
- Children are offered one occasional care session per week. Frequency of attendance will depend on availability of places. Priority of access will be given to children not accessing other services
Learning Together Playgroups
- Playgroup Wednesday and Friday Mornings 9.00am - 11.00am
- Baby Playgroup (Non Walking) Monday 10am - 11.30am
Other Services available in the Children's Centre
FSC - Family Services Coordinator - Ellen Taylor
Hi, I am Ellen Taylor the new Family Services Coordinator. I started on Monday 2nd February and am full-time in the position. Initially I am keen to meet all staff, students and parents connected to this vibrant and diverse school community. I am situated in the Children's Centre in an office with Shaun Harris, the Community Development Coordinator.
I look forward to working along side Children's Centre Staff and families, supporting individuals and families to develop and maintain safe, caring, connected and resilient relationships.
Look forward to meeting everyone, learning more about how to integrate into the role the existing services and finding ways to support the building of strong and positive relationships.
CDC - Community Development Coordinator - Shaun Harris
My role as Community Development Coordinator in the Children's Centre is to work with the team to support families with young children and I hope to do so in some pretty creative and interesting ways. I like working with creative arts, cooking, growing produce and I am good at keeping connected with local projects and services that are on-site and out there in the community. I am a resource for you and will do my best to connect you with the right assistance, no matter how big or small the issue is.
I am in the Children's Centre Monday through to Friday so please come in and say 'Hi'.